My essential purpose
My stretch programme is a holistic therapeutic modality focused on improving the wellness of clients. Its purpose is to promote the psychological, emotional and physical health and well being of participants through a structured programme of relaxing exercises based on static stretching.
Main features and benefits
- Its origins and essence is closely aligned to the discipline of yoga.
- People work within their control and ability level.
- Stretches are held for varying lengths of time.
- It assists in relaxing the mind, promoting physical mobility and increasing a persons quality of life.
- People participate to feel better, manage existing injuries and assist with their involvement in other forms of physical activity.
- The fundamentals underpinning the programme lies within recognised health giving exercise regimes.
- A routine assessment is undertaken for any new clients to determine their suitability for the programme. Questions are asked about current injuries and appropriate medical clearances where necessary.
Criteria for involvement includes:
- Capacity to comprehend instructions.
- The seriousness of any existing physical injuries or ailments.
- The capacity to join in the routines.
- Bachleor of Applied Science (Physical Education)
- Bachelor of Arts
- Graduate Diploma in Education
- Graduate Diploma in Counselling
- Level 2 Track and Field coach
- Current level 2 First aid certificate
- Member of the Australian Council for Health Physical Education and Recreation
- Member of the Australian Association for Psychological Type
- Associate member Career Development Association of Australia
- 18 years facilitating stretch classes
- Over twenty five years experience consulting in the area of physical conditioning to groups and individuals from adolescents to adults, elite athletes to veterans, males and females, fit to the health and mobility compromised.
- Close association with a number of physiotherapists and medical practitioners.
- Olympic and world championship coach in the sport of track and field.